Sunday, April 2, 2 p.m.
by Jeff Olson
The Mother Lode Theatre celebrated its grand opening on February 9, 1924 with a miniature review accompanied by a five-piece orchestra. The Theatre was remodeled in 1927 to accommodate “talkies” or moving pictures. It was again remodeled in 1935 and the name eventually was changed to Angels Theatre as it remains today.
Come hear about early cinema and how it changed with World War II. Jeff will also give a general overview of the theatre and how important it was, and still is, to this community’s economy.
Program will be held in the Carriage House at the Museum
Cost: free for museum members, $10 non-members